Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
50 Years of Programming Experience 50 Years of Programming Experience is offline

Default Find and replace

Hi Don,
I copied all the names and email addresses into Excel. Excell puts the
names in the first column and the addresses into the second column. Then you
can copy out the first column, and paste it back into your word document,

"Don" wrote:

I have a list of names and email addresses, for example:

Bill Smith

I want to delete the email addresses, leaving just the list of names.
Tried using * in Find (leaving Replace blank), but that deletes
everything. Must be missing something?

Checked out

still not sure of the solution...

--

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

....Eric Hoffer