Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Don Don is offline

Default Find and replace

"Terry Farrell" wrote:
It would seem that you emails are just plain text and not hyperlinks like
those in this message. When you double-click on the addresses, does it open
up a blank addressed email?

Nope, it's just plain text. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't
realize at first that it showed up here as a hyperlink.

Maybe something as crude as a vertical selection and then cutting and
pasting the names into a new document. To make sure that the name are well
separated from the email addresses, use Find and Replace to search for
space and replace with tab. Then select all the rows and insert a tab on
the ruler so that all the addresses move well clear of the names. Now you
can do a vertical selection of the names column (using the Alt key) and cut
and paste (or copy and paste) into a new document. It's crude but it will
work.

Thanks, that works. I never knew about vertical selection, it's
pretty handy!

--

Advertising is the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it.

....Stephen Leacock