Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Save As in Word 2007 - display of files in folder

One quick check:
Ensure that the Save As Type is for the file type you are looking for, it
could have been changed to say RTF and so you wont see any .docx.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Julie in Sussex" wrote:

Hi,
I started a new document by selecting a template. I then wanted to save it
immediately with a document file name. When I did a Save As and selected the
correct Folder for it to be saved in, I couldn't see the names of the files
which were already there!! I double checked in Computer, and the files are
definitely there. However, when I open an existing document Save As works as
expected - all files in the Folder are displayed.
This is a real nuisance as I need to name documents in numerical order - I
pick the next one by checking the last file name used, e.g. if I see
Letter12, I would name the new document Letter13.
I have checked through various options in Word, and both on-line and
off-line help but cannot find any reference to how to sort it out.
Please advise!
Regards,
Julie