Joanna

Default mail merge error using excel

I'm using Word 2002 and am running into problems doing mail merge with data
from Excel. Sometimes (but not always) when I try to use a workbook that has
more than one "named" sheet in it, I'm unable to open the sheet and the whole
thing falls apart. If I go into the workbook, copy each sheet and accept the
default naming convention (sheet1, etc.) and then delete all the "named"
sheets, everything works just fine. It's really frustrating - if I didn't
need to "name" the multiple sheets I wouldn't name them to begin with.

Anyone run into the same thing and manage to whip it into submission?

Thanks