Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default read only

It is obvious that English is not Yoshioka's first language, so he/she may
not be aware how rude he/she is being even without the caps. But I think
general density is at issue here, too. IOW, we're wasting our time. Pretty
soon he/she will conclude that we are "WERDIOS."

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
Why? One a file is on a disk, you can't just change that file. The file

MUST
be on your hard drive for you to change it.

And by the way, posting in capital letters is considered yelling. And

since
you are requesting help, that would be detrimental to that purpose. As a
matter of fact, that would be rude. You don't want us to think you are

rude,
do you?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Yoshioka" wrote in message
WELL FLIPPING MICROSOFT NEED A KICKUP THE BACKSIDE THEN

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Is the file saved on your hard drive or are you trying to change an
attribute of a file that's on a CD? If so, that can't be done.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Yoshioka" wrote in message
I think I done what u have told me but it say an error occured applyin
attributed to file
Assess is denied

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Selected the filename in Windows Explorer, right-clicked and chosen
Properties, then cleared the Read Only check box?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"ChrisM" wrote in message
When you say you have tried 'Everything' to 'turn off' ReadOnly on
your
document,
Exactly WHAT things have you tried?

Restarted Word?
Restarted your computer?
Restarted your server(if you have one)?
Checked the file permissions on your file?
Made a copy of the file and tried opening that?
anything else??

Cheers,

ChrisM.

"Yoshioka" wrote in message
Thank you, But I am really think when it come to computer!

please
you
tell
me
what you mean by "Please define "everything".

Best regards

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Please define "everything".

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Yoshioka" wrote in

message
I have tryed everthing to take off read only on my word Doc,

can
anyone
help
me?