Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
E McElroy[_2_] E McElroy[_2_] is offline

Default Can I run Word 2003 with Office 2007?

As unpaid (I assume) evangelists for Word, I'm sure Microsoft's Marketing
department would insist that MVPs be kept informed on major changes such as
this. It is certainly possible that the feature was dropped as a result of a
survey but, unless they specifically said that, it's also quite possible it
was a feature they didn't have time to add or it could have been simply an
oversight. This was, after all, a major change, and in major changes, some
things drop through the cracks. (.NET V1.0 had some famous early gaffes where
important functionality was simply forgotten but, in fairness, .NET V1.0 was
a project of enormous proportions, far greater, I'm sure, than a rewrite of
Word.)

All of which is to say, perhaps you can relay to Microsoft that the feature
is missed and maybe it will return in the next minor release for those who
need or want it.

E McElroy

"DCH" wrote:

The deletion of the blue background/white text option in Word 2007 is sending
me back to Word 2003. Can I uninstall Word 2007 and re-install Word 2003
while retaining the rest of Office 2007? And if so, can you tell me how?

Many thanks for whatever suggestions anyone may have,

DCH