Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default MAYBE "CONTACT US" SHOULD REALY MEAN "CONTACT US"

(There was no such thing as Publisher 93.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Just Jones." wrote in message
OK folks, thanks for all the help. I've done everything you all sugested,
taken aboard the other stuff and talked to my own computer guru, and yes,
probably gathered a whole lot of fonts from other programs over the years,
begining with something like Publisher 93. I guess I've got a lot of
re-collecting to do. I'm glad I never throw anything away, I'm sure I've
still got my original discs from way back then. Unless I made frizbees out
of
them ;-)
Thanks again for your help.
Just Jones.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Do you have your printer set up as the default?

Did you reinstall the software from the CDs or some other way?

Can you use these fonts in other programs?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Just Jones." wrote in message
Hi, and thanks for your advice. However, it didn't work. Maybe the
whole
story would help.
I had a new hard drive installed in my computer, everything else is the
same, nothing changed. My own programs were re-installed, including
Office
XP
Professional and Media Content.(Which contains many, many fonts) Same
printer, same everything. Now Word offers only about fifty fonts in the
Font
tab. The others are there in the folder when I go into program files
etc
but
they DO NOT show up in the actual Word window when I'm working.
How do I get them back into the Word program, please.
Just Jones.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For starters, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Just Jones." Just wrote in message
All I want to do is find out where my fonts went. Is that so hard?
45
minutes
chasing around Microsoft sites, hair pulled out and scattered over
the
floor,
the poor dog has gone into hiding and still no help. HELP, obviously
doesn't
mean HELP and CONTACT US just as obviously doesn't mean CONTACT US.
HOW DO I GET MY FONTS BACK AFTER RE-INSTALLING OFFICE XP?

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the
"I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.