Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default using Word field "if" for a list item?

Include paragraph marks in the result texts, e.g. if you have

{ IF X = Y "abc" "def" }

and you want

ab

if X = Y, put the insertion point after "ab" in the field and press Enter so
you have

{ IF X = Y "ab
c "def" }

(i.e. it's probably more obvious than you realised :-) ) However, whether
that will help solve your problem I cannot tell.

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
oups.com...
And as long as I'm asking simplistic questions: how can I imbed
carriage returns in the text within an "if" word field? I'm having
trouble getting the paragraph spacing the way that I want it using the
"if" field, and I'm thinking that if I just manually take control of
the carriage returns, I can make it work. Thanks...