Daiya Mitchell

I think you just aren't setting up the IncludeText quite right. Help on
IncludeText is actually fairly good, and there's some additional preliminary
information on setting them up he
http://daiya.mvps.org/includetext.htm

On 7/12/05 10:00 AM, "Anne Troy" wrote:

Use "Includetext". It's very easy!
Insert--Field, choose IncludeText and point it to a document on the
server/PC.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Cyan" wrote in message
Hi, A department I support has many manuals they have created in Word

2003. A
lot of the information is identical in these manuals. They want the

ability
to just make changes in 1 "master manual" document and have it

automatically
update the identical parts in the other manuals (being stored on a network
drive in separate folders). I have heard many bad things about corruption
issues using Word's master document features, so I don't want to use that

if
I don't have to. I have briefly researched using bookmarks and IncludeText

or
Link fields, none of those seem to update the information when I make

changes
or maybe I don't understand how to use them correctly. Please help!!