Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Disable macros in Word if no idea of host application

You will get a macro warning if there are macros saved in your document
unless you set the macro security to low (don't do that!!!!)
You will also get a macro warning if there are macros in a template or an
add-in and you have not set macro security to trust *installed* templates
and add-ins. Even if you set this option, if you open a template containing
macros from another location than the templates or startup folder you will
get the warning.

The warning is a protection from unwanted and potentially malicious code.

My guess is that you have installed software with an add-in to Word and it
is the add-in that is causing the warning. Check macro security, and set it
to Medium and to trust installed templates and add-ins. If you still get the
warning, the macro is probably in the document and you should investigate
what it is before allowing it to run - especially if the document was
produced by a third party.

.

Ursula wrote:
Hi John,
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, the note about enabling macros appear now EVERYTIME I
open Word. What can I do about that?
Ursula

"Ursula" wrote:

I use Word 2003. Everytime when I open MS Word I get the note saying
that macros are disabled and to refer to the host aplication. I have
no idea what the host application could be because I have written
this word document myself, saved it on my own computer and the next
time I opened this document, I got this message. How do I turn this
annoying message off?? Because it appears every time I open any word
document now.