Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How do I reset the vertical ruler to its default setting?

Note that the first setting is on the View tab and the second on the Edit
tab.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 07:41:03 -0800, Mohmar
wrote:

I've messed up Microsoft Word so that the vertical ruler is altered,
covering the whole page from top to botom, and I can't highlight the line

make the ruler shorter.

That's probably because you need to go into Tools Options and check
the "white space between pages" box. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.

Also, if I highlight text, and type something, it doesn't erase the
previous text.

In the same dialog, check the "Typing replaces selection" box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman