Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patricia Patricia is offline

Default Inserting a straight line

It creates the line when you press "Enter"

"Henk57" wrote:

Greg, usually if you type three dashes and do enter it fills out a line
horizontally. Same with the underscore. If this doesnt work, (in Word
2003) go to Tools/Autocorrect Options../Autoformat As You Type/ and
check "Borders".

GregNga;2470125 Wrote:
Is there a way of inserting a standard straight horizontal line in a
document, much like Outlook uses to separate email converstaions.
Outlook has
a tool bar button that inserts a horizontal line. The only way I know
in Word
is to go to FORMAT | Borders and Shading | Horizontal Line and select a
line.
This is to much hassle, I am just looking for something similar to the
way
Outlook works

--
Henk57