Charles Kenyon

You can record a macro for each of the settings (margins, etc.) in your
template and use the Organizer to transfer styles. See the MVP FAQ page on
saving system settings for an example of how to record such a macro. (This
may be in the page about the data key, not sure.) When using the Organizer
to copy styles to a new template, make sure that you copy the styles three
times to maintain links between style definitions.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Brian Bischof" wrote in message
I had a template for a project a while back that had the proper layout but
for some reason it was very buggy and kept crashing Word. I spent a lot of
time on this newsgroup trying to fix it and even sent the template to an
expert for review. Nothing worked and I managed to finish the project with
few strands of hair left. Now I need to work on the document again and I
want to avoid this template at all costs. I'm going to install Word 2003
on
a brand new computer and create a new template from scratch. Is there a
way
I can document the properties of the old template so I can just add all
the
formatting into a new Word 2003 template? My problems last year were so
nightmarish (it was a large book that crashed every couple of minutes),
that
I can't risk repeating them.

Also, please don't send me suggestions on fixing the old template. I spent
way too much time with way too many people to repeat that process again. I
just want to start from scratch this time.

Any ideas for documenting the formats in a template?

Thanks,

Brian Bischof
www.CrystalReportsBook.com