Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz

Default how do I type a thin space in Word?

If you're referring to a true typesetting thin space (1/8-em), the straight
answer is No, not in Word.

The best you can get in Word is a 1/4-em - go to InsertSymbol, click the
Special Characters tab & insert it from there. If you need to use it with
any frequency you can assign a keystroke to it while you're there.

If you need anything tighter than that you'll have to select the 2
characters and use FormatFontCharacter Spacing - Spacing: to tighten them
up by 10ths of a point. That will give you the effect you want, but it is
still guesswork unless you measure out the type specs to determine how much
of an adjustment to make.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"wavedancer" wrote in message
. ..

I need to be able to type a thin space in the expression '37 °C',
between the number and the degrees symbol. How do I achieve this in
Word? I've scoured Word Help to no avail, and I found no reference to
it when I searched this forum.

Thank you.

--
wavedancer