Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy

Default How do I create a read-only mail merge data source?

What are you using as the data source? Try using a Word document instead of
a database.
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Julie" wrote in message
I want to create a mail merge document, but I want the data source to
always
contain blank fields. I can create the letter and add the merge fields
and
create the blank data source, but the first time I add data to the data
source it automatically saves the data. I NEVER want the data saved in
the
data source. I tried saving the data source as read-only, but then I
can't
enter anything into it. Any help is greatly appreciated.