Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Text Rotation

Although you can rotate the shape by 180 degrees (or any amount, if
you use the Rotate More Rotation Options button), the text inside
the shape never rotates at all. The only function that affects the
text is the Text Direction button in the Text group of the Text Box
Tools ribbon, and that allows only the 90 degree rotations left and
right.

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 07:39:57 -0700, DesignMagic
wrote:

I use a shape box. Go to Insert, Shapes, then select a square. Type your
text. Now go to the Text Box Tools tab and click Format (if it is not
already showing). From here you will be able to remove the Shape
Outline/Fill and will be able to rotate it 180 degrees.

"Help on formula" wrote:

Hi,
In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the upside down
text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update in Mail Merge
process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish without an option of
Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the text. Any help in this
regard will be greatly appreciated

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman