Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 Building Block Organiser

Building Blocks that should be available to all documents should be in a
template in the same folder where Building Blocks.dotx resides; that is
correct (it doesn't actually have to be *in* the Building Blocks.dotx
template though). Alternatively, you could place the template(s) in the
Startup folder for Word.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Fev" wrote in message

Hi
I am currently working in a large organisation that users a login
script to copy the corporate branded templates to each user at login.
The rationale for this is that these templates are stored on the
network, but rather than use a workgroup template file location they
are copied to each local drive - for laptop users and so that the
templates can be edited on the network without everyone having to
close MS Word. I have set up various templates for reports etc, but
would also like to create various branded headers, footers, autotext
and cover pages. Should I save these in Building Block.dotx? If so is
this the correct path:
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Document
Building Blocks\1033\14 to copy this template to in the login script?
Thanks
Heather