Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default remove personal info in Word 2000 docs?

Thanks Jay, I'll take a look.

I think the real problem is when someone sends me files made with later
versions, and mine doesn't show all the metadata that comes with them, so
I'm not aware I'm passing it on.

Cheers

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
You may have already found that the Microsoft tool for removing hidden
data from documents doesn't support Word 2000.

The only one I've found that does work with Word 2000 is at
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/docscrubber.html .

I haven't personally used it, but there's a thread at DSL Reports
(http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r156...Word-documents...)
that indicates it's good.

--
Regards,