Mark in DFW

Jay thank you for hte link. I read the thread andit basically confirms my
fear that I must macro, or otherwise program my own help. I have decided,
for the time being, to simply OCR from scanner to MS Word and then save the
doc as a plain txt file. The advatages here are that I have spell & grammar
check active before putting hte intermediate state document to bed.
For those who may wonder what I am doing let me say that I am converting a
number of educational resources for my field of study, which are only
available in print, to a digital and editable format. This makes creating
lesson plans that are based on textbooks, etc. muct simpler.

Thanks again for your help Jay.

Marry Christmas (Mary Christ-mass)
Mark

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:43:01 -0800, Mark In Fort Worth Mark In Fort
wrote:

I am converting a typeset document via OCR and the program converts each
block of text to a fram in MS Word. Is there anyway I can remove all the
frames at one time?

Currently I double-click each fram and select remove frame. My other choice
is to OCR to a plain text file but I lose a lot of formating information
(special characters, font characteristics, etc.)

Thank you
Mark in Fort Worth

Hi Mark,

Read this thread (it should all be one line -- if it breaks, paste it
together):

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...4d90ed122917d3

There's a macro from Greg Maxey that should work for you, plus some
explanation from me about what can go wrong.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman