Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SteveK

Default Filename in Footer - update automatically?

I have placed a FileName field in the footer of a template file. When I
start a document it gives it the name document1 (or document2) but when I do
a Save and give the file a name the Filename field in the footer doesn't get
updated with the new name. To update the filename in the footer's field I
have to View Header and Footer select the footer select the text n the
Filename field and right click and then Update Field. Isn't there a
way for this to happen automatically?

Thanks,
SteveK