Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "- Continued" text with Field Code?

Unfortunately, there are no field codes that can add "continued" to the TOC.

To prevent a section break from adding pages, make sure that you choose the

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"binar01011" skrev i meddelandet

Peter,
I fired up my MicroSoft Word 2007 and analyzed the CAPTION Dialog
window. I honestly can't figure out where inside this dialog window I
could setup the "- Continued" text so that it appears starting on the
second page of a table.

As for the TOC "- Continued" isn't there a way to use a FIELD code? I
understand the method Stephan is explaining, but I want to avoid using
Section Breaks. The reason is because they tend to cause a problem when
I convert the document over to a PDF. Acrobat sometimes generates
needles blank pages because of Section Breaks used in WORD. There for,
my goal is to use a FIELD CODE. I would very grateful if anyone out
there could help me in figuring out how if a FIELD CODE could be
designed to automatically generate the "- Continued" text as required
in either a Table Caption or a TOC Title Header. Any help will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
binar01011