Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Highlight stuck on white

It always helps to state what version you're using, especially if it's Word
2007! In the Paragraph group, click on the arrow beside the Borders button.
Borders and Shading is the last menu entry. On the Shading tab, make sure
that "Text" is selected under "Apply to."

http://word.mvps.org

"F*SH" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne, thanks for your quick reply!

I'm in Word 2007 so I don't have an explicit "Format" Menu (at least, that
can see).

On the ribbon, I have options for "Shading" and "Borders" in the Paragraph
group, but no such elements for the text group. The buttons I do see don't
see to be useful, nor does the expanded dialogue for either the Paragraph
nor
Font groups..