Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Two-column page with unequal columns.

I've inserted a section break into a normal single-column .doc and inserted
some text in two columns. Then there's another section break and back to a
single-column format. Trouble is, Word automatically decides where to break
the 2-column layout, so that both columns are the same length. What I want
to do is fill up the first column, have it spill into the second with what's
left over and then hold still, even if the second column is only a short bit.

I can insert a manual column break, but this has to be between paragraphs.
(If you simply put a break in the middle of a paragraph, Word makes two
paragraphs out of it.) If the last paragraph in the left column is long, I'd
like to have it fill the first column and just spill over. Any way to do
this easily?