Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Space Before a Paragraph at the Start of a page

I do the same, but often in long documents I *want* a long drop before the
first heading (in a chapter/section). In shorter documents, my first Heading
1 is rarely the first paragraph; there's usually a Title (and often a
Subtitle) preceding, and I have that style formatted to take the Space
Before of the heading into account.

http://word.mvps.org

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
If a heading level always starts a new page, you can use page break before
in the style setting. If not (& for my jobs they usually do not), I don't
think there's a way to do it automatically in Word. I just manually
adjust
the first heading.

Pam

wrote:
On Nov 28, 1:34 am, "
wrote:
Is there any way to set up word such that it will not add space before
a paragraph at the top of a page?

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
However, this space is unnecessary when the heading occurs at the
start of a page and looks funny not starting at the top of the page.

I should clarify.....how do you do this on the FIRST page. Word does
it for subsequent pages but not, apparently, the first.