Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Geoffrey Geoffrey is offline

Default How do I remove Widow and Orphan control?

In the Line and Page Break box the Widow/Orphan contol comes ticked as the
default position. Surely there should be two boxes? One for widows, another
for orphans, so that if neither are wanted both could have the tick deleted.
Removing the tick at present does not reset the default position. If you are
writing text, for example a novel, you need the same number of lines on every
page. Although the idea behind Widow and Orphans is a smart one, and has its
place in report writing where paragraphs need to be kept intact, it is
extremely irritating for any other appplication. If you are using double
spacing and a bottom line is dropped, two sometimes , it looks as if half
the page is blank. So how do I remove Widow and Orphan control?