Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Changing Default Font

Did you use Format, Font and click on the DEFAULT button at the bottom of
the dialog? When you then closed Word, did it not prompt you to save changes
to the global template?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"freded" wrote in message
I have tried all the suggestions in your
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm, but
still cannot stop MS Word 2003 from immediately reverting to Times New
Roman
as soon as I start typing. Even if I select the typed text and try to
reset
the font/size/bold/colour that I want, it immediately reverts as soon as I
type.

This behaviour seems to have started only since I had to completely
reinstall Office 2003.

I hope you have an answer for this as it's driving me crazy!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format | Font: select the font you want and click Default... For more,
see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

so
all may benefit.

Mahendra raj; "Coimbatore"
wrote in message
When Word is opened it shows the default font as Times New Roman.
Like Excel General tab there is an option for changing default font.
But in Word I couldn't find such an option ?

Can you please tell me the option ?

Mahendra Raj, Coimbatore