Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default EXCEL file as a database for Word mail merge in XP. how do I do it

Your best bet at this point is probably to check Word
Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversions at open", go through the
connection process again, and select the DDE option when it is offered.

Peter Jamieson

"Nana Scherr" Nana wrote in message
Just switched from Win2000 to XP on a new Dell PC. I can no longer use my
EXCEL mail list database to merge with Word for labels. With 2000 it was
simple, just select EXCEL as data source from the MailMerge tree. Can
someone
help?