Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can you add/multiply using Word?

To perform (simple) calculations in table cells, you can make use of formula fields, which can be added via Table Tools Layout tab |
Formula (Word 2007) or via Table | Formula (Word 97-2003). You refer to cells the same way as in an Excel spreadsheet, that is, by
using letters for columns and numbers for rows.

If you change the numbers in the cell, you will have to update the formula fields: select the cells and press F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tjsmags" wrote in message ...
I want to create a Hot Lunch form for our school. Students will order x
amount of hot dogs multiplied by $x.xx (price) equalling the total amount due
($x.xx). Is this possible? Do I create this in table format, or does it
matter?
--
Thank you.