Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Can you add/multiply using Word?

That doesn't sound a very healthy diet for school kids, but you can also
achieve this with a protected form and a calculated form field. Check the
calculate on exit check box of the contributing fields to update the
calculation.

Even more elegant, you could employ a userform to collect the choices and
enter the results in the document - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ -
Userforms
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm

for a more in depth explanation, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

"tjsmags" wrote in message
I want to create a Hot Lunch form for our school. Students will order x
amount of hot dogs multiplied by $x.xx (price) equalling the total amount
due
($x.xx). Is this possible? Do I create this in table format, or does it
matter?
--
Thank you.