Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K. Thompson K. Thompson is offline

Default How to delete Microsoft Office from computer completely

So Graham, in my case it is a used computer that the previous owner must have
tried a trial version of Office 2007 does that mean I cannot download and use
my own trial version of it now as the new owner?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It sounds as though you have been using a trial version (2007?) of Office
maybe supplied with a new PC or downloaded from Microsoft and now that trial
has expired. You will not be able to re-install a trial and get it to work
again - that's the whole point of the trial. You test it for a few weeks
then if you like it you buy it, if you don't you unistall it.

As others have indicated uninstalling does not remove your documents or
Office's configuration files or registry entries so that if you do
re-install your preferences are retained.

amee wrote:
All of my Microsoft office programs are not working. In Word I can't
even type onto a blank page. It will not allow me to change a
document, save a new document as all of the buttons to "Save As",
etc. This is the same for Excel and for Microsoft Outlook. In
Outlook I cannot reply to any emails as the reply button is the light
grey instead of being black so I can use it. All the other buttons to
save or copy are the same.

I tried wiping Office from my computer by deleting it and then did a
reinstall but when it came back all my previous documents were in
there so I know it did not wipe and the problems are still there.

How do you WIPE Office so you can do a reinstall of it?

Thank you,

Ame