Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OE OE is offline

Default can you format a document after you have already typed it????

Sorry - it wasn't that many years ago; in fact, the last time I saw it
taught this way was about 4 years ago when I was taking City & Guild exams!
I did explain to the lecturer why it's not a good idea - to no avail!

"Gordon" wrote in message
"oe" wrote in message
When I went to college to learn word processing many years ago, we were
TAUGHT to save to floppy.

that's because there were no hard disk drives!

When I took another course a couple of years ago, they were still
teaching it - no wonder people go wrong!

Was that with Word? Other WP applications such as WordPerfect and
OpenOffice Write are quite capable of saving and working directly to and
from floppies - for some unknown unintelligible reason, Word makes a
temporary copy of the document being worked on in the same place as the
original! Way to go, MS!