Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default How to change "author" colors in Word 2003 reviewing toolbar

If you select anything other than by author, all changes by all authors will
be shown in the same color. In other words, you cannot set colors for
individual authors. Sorry.

Pam

removing all headers and footers wrote:
OK, I found how to go down the list, but there are several authors boxes
there, and only the first one seems to work in my file. How do I set several
other authors to work in different colors on this veery same file? on this
very same computer and Word program?

It insists on just the first color I set for the first author blank there?

Click Tools | Options. On the Track Changes tab, specify the colors that you
want.

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

.