Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Dots running across table. Help!

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:29:01 -0800, Toody
wrote:

I've created a table with one row and one column, but later I added a second
row. When I added text to the second row, suddenly the last row moved to
the next page, even though Print Preview showed that there was enough room
for the row and text. When I tried to move that row back to its original
position, I notice black dots on either side of the table, which act like a
page break. I can't get the row and text back to its original page. What do I
do?

What's going on? Is there a way to get rid of the dotted lines so that I can
place the last row with the rest of the rows on the same page?

Any help will be appreciated.

I have Word 2003.

Maybe the paragraph in the second row is formatted with "Page Break
Before".

Click in that paragraph and go to the Format Paragraph dialog. Click
the Line & Page Breaks tab of that dialog. If "Page Break Before" is
checked, uncheck it.

If that's the cause, I can't tell you how it happened -- that setting
is very hard to apply by mistake.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman