Hoa Johnson

Default read and parse a flat file into word fields

I have a flat file coming from the mainframe. It is 1101 characters long and
fixed-width delimited. I can do this in access, throw it into a table and
create a report which can port into a Word file. However, the bossman wants
it all done in Word, not Access. The source file can vary in number of
records/lines.

I was thinking, can I create a Macro that executes my Access routine, write
it to a table and populate my Word file from that table...and, can it be done
with just a couple of clicks?

I can use either Word 97 or 2000. Please keep in mind I am relatively new
to VBA. Thanks in advance.