Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default WORD: Change default font, paragraph and line spacing

Open normal.dotm. Go to the Styles pane Manage styles button Defaults
tab. Make your changes there. Save and close normal.dotm. If you want to
use table styles or themes and style sets, leave the normal paragraph style
unmodified.

Pam

Margy wrote:
Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the
default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space on
normal style paragrah for new all documents.

I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size etc
and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same with
line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box -
change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP
Notebook.

I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all document
based on this template." Will not work. When I open Word again, everything is
back to Calibri 11pt, 1.15 line spacing and 10pt spacing after each
paragraph.

Would be most grateful of any advice to change these defaults.