WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Subscripting in the numerator/ denominator of an inserted fraction

To add subscripts or superscripts to the numerator or denominator of a fraction in Microsoft Word, you can use the Equation Editor. Here are the steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the Word window.
  2. Click on the "Equation" button in the "Symbols" section.
  3. In the Equation Editor, click on the "Fraction" button in the "Structures" section.
  4. Type the numerator and denominator of the fraction.
  5. To add a subscript or superscript, click on the "Script" button in the "Structures" section.
  6. Type the subscript or superscript in the small box that appears.
  7. Click on the "Script" button again to exit the subscript/superscript mode.
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for any other subscripts or superscripts you want to add.
  9. Click on the "X" button in the top right corner of the Equation Editor to close it and return to your Word document.

Using these steps, you can create the formula you mentioned: (A[sub]x[/sub]B[sub]y[/sub])/C[sub]z[/sub] with the x, y, and z as subscripts.