Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I get automatic initial caps in automatic numbered list

Actually, this did work in previous versions, but apparently enough users
who didn't want numbered lists capitalized complained, so MS changed the
behavior in Word 2000 or 2002. The worst knock-on effect is that it was
disabled not only for numbered lists but also for sentences following
number+period (full stop) in running text as well. See “Word does not
capitalize the first letter of a sentence” at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291538

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
I believe you are mistaken, and apart from pressing the shift key, there

is
no way to change this behaviour.

metindia technologies wrote:
It may not have worked following numbers, but it did work for
automatic numbered lists. I have worked in an earlier version of
Word (I cannot recollect the version), but with this version, it does
not work, and I wanted to know if there is some way of getting to do
this in Word 2002

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It does not, nor I believe ever has, worked following numbers.

metindia technologies wrote:
It is selected, but does not work in automatic numbered lists and
after a period after numbers. I very specifically mentioned this.

"Steve" wrote:

Go to tools, autocorrect options, autocorrect tab and select
'capitalise first letter in sentence'