Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Calculating in tables and background color

1. The paper color in Word is the window color in Windows (Display |
Appearance).

2. Are you using form fields or just table cells?

"SBH" wrote in message
news9adnW5LOsx2hJDVnZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
I have two questions I hope someone can resolve for me.

1. Whenever I open a new Word document, the background of the page is
grey,
while on my wife's computer, it is white. I would like to make mine white,
for all new documents for many reasons. One reason is due to fields in a
table, which appear grey. With a grey background, you cannot see the
curser
in the field. Therefore, can someone tell my how to make them all white
when
they open?

2. I made a table in Word and set the table for fields to allow people to
input info based on the labeled cells. In two columns, I want them to be
automatic sum, the same as it would be in Excel. Therefore, when a number
is
entered, the total will appear at the bottom cell. Other than clicking the
"Auto Sum" icon every time the numbers are entered, I cannot find a way to
make it permanent, without having to use "Auto Sum" every time. Is there a
way to make this automatic?

Thank you