Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Slow response in Open File Window

See "Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install
security update MS06-015"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

"Desert Doug" wrote in message
In Ms Word and Excel when I go to file open, the drop down menu takes a

long
period of time before it displays. In Windows Explorer it is

instantaneous. I
uninstalled Office, ran Norton utilities looking for registry errors, and
then reinstalled Office ansd still the same problem.
I assume a reguistry key is wrong, or the machine is doing some looking

for
additional drives or "Something" causing it to take a long time. It
eventually opens, just frustratingly slowly.

Any suggestions?