Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Outline Levels included in word table do not appear in Outline

Are you sure that the table is not inside a text box? Then its
contents definitely wouldn't display in Outline view (or in Normal
view).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mmernst" wrote in message
news
Thanks Shauna. I double-checked and the paragraphs within the

tables and
they have the appropriate outline level (level 4) settings, yet they

still do
not appear in the Outline View. They appear if I take them out of

the table,
however will not display once inserted back in to the table. I am

using
Word 2002 SP3. Any other ideas?

Thank you for the additional info on Document Map.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi mmernst

Paragraphs with an appropriate outline level should show in

Outline View, at
least in recent (post Word 2000?) versions of Word. Click in the

paragraph
and do Format Paragraph. On the Indents and Spacing tab, you can

see the
Outline Level. Then, in Outline View, make sure you're viewing a

level equal
to or lower than the level of your paragraphs.

Sadly, paragraphs in a table don't show in the Document Map. While

I love
using Document Map, there are some other limitations, too. See
How the Document Map works in Microsoft Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/documentmap/index.html
for more info.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"mmernst" wrote in message
I have defined heading levels (level 4) within a table. The

headings are
included and display correctly in the Table of Contents.

However the
Outline
view and Document Map do not pull in the Level 4 headings that

are
included
within the tables. Any suggestions for getting headings within

a table to
display in Outline View and/or the Document Map?