Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

Default Weird Symbol

Thank you for your help - What do you mean by - "You might have a look at
Unicode glyphs 0124 and 0126"
Thank you

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't find anything matching this description even in Arial Unicode MS.
What language is this person's name?

You might have a look at Unicode glyphs 0124 and 0126 in case they're what
you're looking for. Otherwise, you can add an umlaut to a H using the
overstrike method described at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm (the umlaut is glyph 00A8).
There doesn't seem to be a combining umlaut in the Combining Diacritical
Marks character subset in ordinary Unicode fonts, but perhaps 02DD would
approximate what you're looking for. Alternatively, there's a Combining
Diaeresis at 0308 in Arial Unicode MS.

"Karen" wrote in message
I need a symbol which consists of a capital H and two dots above it. Does
anyone know where I can find this in Word 2003? I'm searching through the
symbols now and I cannot seem to find this one. It's the beginning of
someone's name.

Thank you