Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jwalker jwalker is offline

Default Word 2007 to look like previous versions

Wow. How arrogant that MS would not provide a way for the user to personalize
the Word 2007 interface to work like the Word 2003 interface.

In XP and Vista, the user is allowed to use the "classic" Start Menu (which
I do).

I don't understand why legacy Word users have to *get used* to the new look.

And I don't understand why MS thought this new look was an improvement.
What did they base that assumption on?

I just installed Office 2007 Pro last night in order to take a class on
Excel. I plan on uninstalling it today, reinstalling 2003 Pro except for
Excel. I'll install Excel 2007 because the class requires that version.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Uninstall it and re-install 2003! Otherwise get used to the new look.

Hrast wrote:
How can I easily make Word 2007 to llok like earlier versions?
is there any function to do this?