Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan C.

Default Separate page numbering in header and footer

In the HEADER I would like to set up section page number, i.e 1 of 3 for each
section (with 1 noting the page # of that section, and 3 being the total
pages in that section) but in the FOOTER have consecutive page number from
the start of the document, i.e. B - X (with X being the page number starting
from the 1st page of the document).

If I change the Page Number Format from "Start at 1" to "Continue from
previous section" in the FOOTER it also changes the Page Number Format I have
set up in the HEADER ("Start at 1" for each section).

Is there anyway to run two systems of page numbering?