Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Jenelle,

Graphics that are not formatted with layout style of
'inline with text' will always have an anchor to
a paragraph, table cell or other finite point in the
text layer of Word. The anchors are not visible unless
you turn that option on in Tools=Options=View, but
they are there. The options in that tab are controlled
by the person viewing the document rather than by
the author of the document.

If the graphics are linked and you move the document
to another folder then Word may 'lose track' of how
to connect back to the graphics.

Can you print preview or print a page with the 'missing'
graphic and have it appear then?

======
"jenelle" wrote in message news They may be both linked AND embedded.
VERY odd: the Tools Options setting on View tab for print and layout options
had everything unchecked--including drawings and objects. NOT my settings,
but it did happen on this 410 page document. How come customer can see the
drawings and I cannot? These aren't toggle settings.

There's no VB nor macros in this document.

How do I get rid of the anchors from the graphics...this capability seems to
have disappeared in 2003 Word.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)