Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Default Bold and Italic not staying on / Cannot alter font style?

Hi Charles,

I understand why you reply this way, but no, this is not about protected
forms.
Like Pablo, I would like to know what causes this behavior. Searching the
internet thoroughly did not help me any further.

Cooz

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

"in a template"
Any chance we are talking about a protected online form here? The behavior
you describe is what Word does in text fields in such a form. This has been
true as long as I have been using such forms. For more about online forms,
follow the links at http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

The way to use templates is to create new documents based on the template,
not to open and edit them.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"pablo" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am not sure where to start looking on this problem a user has contacted
me
about. They are using MS Word 2003.

They are using a template and entering text into the template. The
problem
is that when the user is typing text and selects "Ctrl + B" for bold text
the
bold text will not stay on? Clicking the bold button will not allow the
bold text to be typed either. Basically the bold button will appear on
and
then immediately appear off. It is as though the font style cannot be
altered to allow bold text.

Where should I start looking?

Best regards,

Pablo