Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BruceM BruceM is offline

Default How do I make the th small for 9th?

Many users should employ Ctrl + Spacebar cautiously, as it will remove all
manually-applied font formatting. For instance, if your default style is
Normal, and the default Normal font is 10 pt. Times New Roman, and if you
have manually formatted to 11 pt. Arial plus superscript, removing the
manual formatting will cause the font to revert to 10 pt. TNR.
Of course, if Styles are being used properly, this won't be a problem, and
Ctrl + Spacebar will have the desired effect.

"Kevin B" wrote in message
You can use the keyboard to superscript by pressing Ctrl+Shift+= to turn
superscript on, and then press the same keystrokes or Ctrl+SpaceBar to
turn
it off.

You can have Word do this for you by clicking TOOLS in the Word menu and
then select AUTO CORRECT. In the AUTOCORRECT dialog box, click the
AUTOFORMAT
tab and locate the ORDINALS (1st) WITH SUPERSCRIPT check box and click it
turn that option on. Click OK to exit
--
Kevin Backmann

"Word perfected" wrote:

When I type a number with st, nd, rd, th behind it the letters remain the
size of the number. What do I change to make the letters smaller and up
the right of the number?