I was thinking it could at least be added to the data source.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Problem is that from the first post, the URN number is not in the data

file,
which makes it very difficult to suggest a method to merge this unless the
OP can tell us how the URN number is determined.

I see you survived the hurricane? Not too much damage I hope?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If the URN number is in your mail merge data source, you can insert
it as a conditional merge field.

"Kushum" wrote in message
Hi,
It doesn't really matter if it sometimes has a URN number or
not....Its like adding additional piece of information to the letter
in regard to that specific record that is sourced from the database
but making sure that information does not show up on all the other
letters.
I'm really sorry about this...I'm trying my best to explain.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

How do you determine which URN number goes with which record
(letter)?

Kushum wrote:
Hi Graham,
Basically the URN number has to be inserted manually after the
whole letter has produced all the information sourced from the
database. There's a lot of data approx:17,000 records.

What i'm trying to do is i need to add information to each letter
of each record after the merging has taken place.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

How many records are we talking about? If it is just a few, merge
to a new document and add them manually. If not, how do you
determine which numbers match which records?

Kushum wrote:
Hi,
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on how I
can change details on specific records on a mail merged document
that wouldn't change the details on all other merged letters.
(The data is being sourced from MS Access 2003, and I am using
Office XP).
For example On the letter with:
Record No: 1001 --- (I need to add URN code: 132665)
Record No: 1002 --- (I need to add URN code: 132698)
Taking into consideration that URN is not a database field which
can be used as a source its just a details that needs to be
added onto the letter. Sorry to confuse you, but hope i've
explained myself. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Kush.