Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yogamaster yogamaster is offline

Default Typing slows down in WOrd 2003. HIdden buffer or auto backup?

Cindy,

thanks for your reply.

You are exactly right. In the past it was the fast save option.

In the current version that is unchecked.

I noted that "allow background saves" is checked. Is that something
unrelated? Leave it checked?

Thanks for the help.

GSK
--
gurucharan

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?eW9nYW1hc3Rlcg==?=,

Typing response in Word 2003/XP is slowing. I recall once this happened in
previous versions and there was some kind of automatic backup or archive
function defaulted by MS that made a file too big. What might I check? I have
a fine 1 yr old Dell 3+ GHz with 2 G Ram etc.

Are you thinking about the "Allow Fast Saves" option in Tools/Options/Save?
That's no longer the default, but something may have turned it on.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)