Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Page numbering problem, Word 2003

Hi C.

wrote:
I am using MS Office 2003 on Windows XP Pro.

I want to number pages in a document as follows:

The document has two sections,
the first three pages, ie section 1, must NOT be numbered.
The remaining pages ie section 2, must be numbered from
1 to 42. ie page numbering start at page 1 in section 2 only.
Numbers to appear at bottom right in the footer.

The two basic aspects to solve your problem are disabling "linked"
headers and footers ("Same as previous") for your second section, and
then defining the numbering. Both H/F and numbering are section
properties in Word, and, well, it has taken some time for anyone
fighting them at first. .-)

Working with Sections (by Dave Rado)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

How to put a portrait page number on a landscape page
(by Bill Coan, Suzanne S. Barnhill and Dave Rado)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

HTH
Robert
--