Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mal

Default macro storage

Thank you for taking the time to post your suggestion, Graham. Suzanne has
given me a couple of ideas, and I'll try these first and see if they help.

I shall by all means try your antivirus hint if the other
"try-these-methods" do not rid my computer of the redundant Do you want to
save changes to Document? message.

Regards,

Mal

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I sincerely hope you are not running without AV protection? Some other
antivirus software products interact with Word also (eg AVG) and create
similar problems to Norton AV
It may be necessary to unregister the appropriate DLL (the example below
being for the popular free version
of AVG) by running the following command line from Windows Start Run
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgoff2k.dll"

Mal wrote:
I don't have Norton Anti-virus. Is there a way I can pull up a list
of add-ins? If not, would my re-installing Word and Windows
eliminate the add-in?

Mal
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You're still suffering from the effects of some add-in. Have you
disabled the Office Plug-in in Norton AntiVirus (if applicable)?

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Mal" wrote in message
Having found the ActiveDoc Lite add-in, I deleted it. My
documents are now free of the annoying boxes.

But a minor nuisance remains: I cannot save any additions I make to
my Word documents, and the AutoSave feature has disappeared. The
gratuitous message Do you want to save changes to ... oddly
appears after I click on the Save icon. If I click yes then
the document remains open and will not close in its natural
closing-sequence, and if I click no then the document closes and
removes the additions I've just made.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks.

Mal

"Mal" wrote:

File doc. name, followed by Microsoft Word, appears in the title
bar. ActiveDocs Lite appears as the title of the box in which is
written: Invalid procedure call or argument. No Adobe Reader
title appears in any of the boxes.

Mal

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

So what is in the title bar of these messages: ActiveDocs Lite
(as you initially implied) or something to do with Adobe, or are
they coming from Word?

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Mal" wrote in message
Suzanne,

The information I posted in my reply warrants your puzzlement,
since the Adobe program (as you pointed out) does have nothing
to do with Word.

Let me explain the problem in more depth, if you'd be kind
enough to read it through.

When I click on the macro message after it appears in a Word
document (or sometimes even a file-list), the message disappears
and I'm able to complete a writing task. When I click Save, a
gratuitously-generated Do you want to save changes? message
appears. I click yes and the message disappears; however, the
document doesn't close. As a matter of fact, I'm able to close
the document only by right-clicking in the title bar.

If this isn't enough, a further message appears when the
document eventually does close: The disk is full. Free some
space on this drive, or close any unedited documents, etc.,. I
click close on this message, and yet even another appears that
reads: Invalid procedure call or argument. Unfortunately, no
sort of clicking closes this one.

But enough of the nested messages. In the end, I have to
manually turn-off the
computer.

Can you give me some advice? (This probably sounds as if I'm
asking someone to dredge a lake to recover a trinket.) At this
point, though, I'll even comply if you should say: "Throw the
computer on a rubbish dump and get another!"

Thank you.

Mal

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm confused. Adobe Reader is designed to read PDF documents.
You shouldn't be trying to open PDFs in Word, nor should Adobe
Reader have any effect on Word.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Mal" wrote in message
Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my querry.

Having traced the file to Adobe Reader 7, I found I couldn't
open it for repair or uninstall. A message appeared that
read: Adobe reader couldn't open [the file] because it is
either not a supported file or has been damaged.

Any suggestions?

Mal

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would appear that you have an add-in called ActiveDocs
Lite; that is where you need to look for the error.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Mal" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2000 in Windows XP. When I click on, or
open, a
new
document,
I get the message: 'Could not open macro storage' under an
ActiveDocs Lite logo. I don't know how to rid my documents
of this message.
Is
there
anyone